By Chef Benjamin Daire of Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Aurelien Telle, owner of Alta, suggests the samosa as a perfect appetizer for a cool spring evening. He recommends pairing it with either a Rioja Reserva or a Chianti Classico, which will complement the strong body of the Berkshire Blue.
- 3 sheets Tunisian brick dough or Good Wives puff pastry*
- ¼ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped (roughly 2 cups chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound Berkshire Blue Cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Fresh arugula or baby greens, to serve
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
Roll pre-made pastry dough into an 18- by 14-inch sheet and cut 4 (7-inch) circles. Split each circle in half. Brush top side of dough with melted butter.
Heat olive … Read the rest